One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectivePhilosophy
- ‘I don't think I am doing him an injustice if I say that epistemologically he was essentially a logicist and positivist.’
- ‘For the Viennese positivists, Heidegger's work is the return to a reactionary, anti-scientific metaphysics, which is allied politically to pan-Germanic aspirations.’
- ‘In particular, his ‘mentalism’, that beliefs about one's own current mental state are epistemologically basic, went essentially unchallenged by the empiricists and positivists, until this century.’
- ‘Logical positivists denied the soundness of metaphysics and traditional philosophy; they asserted that many philosophical problems are indeed meaningless.’
- ‘Heidegger doesn't even differ from the empiricists and positivists in thinking that it was the wrong idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.