One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An application used by a portal website to receive requests from clients and return information.
- ‘On my own site, I was able to move the event listing to the left side and the calendar to the right side (and remove the login portlet altogether), simply by modifying the definitions of the left side and right side properties.’
- ‘Portal administration can plug those portlets and make them available to the portals' end users without custom integration, while the application would still be centrally hosted and managed.’
- ‘The framework consists of out-of-the-box portlets (software to consolidate and personalize information) for these sources that can be easily customized.’
- ‘This will enable interoperability between portlets (Web components similar to servlets) and portals.’
- ‘The content does not appear, however, in searches or in the navigation portlet.’
Blend of portal and -let, after applet, servlet.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.