One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He emphasizes how the collapse of Federalist hegemony reflected the emergence of a new order in which a political culture that demanded deference from non-elite citizens was replaced by a more populistic style of partisan politics.’
- ‘The discourse of democracy has been embedded in the nationalist struggle for liberation and self-determination and has therefore implied a populistic kind of pluralism.’
- ‘Together with Marxism, this was to be something populistic - this is different from the American term populism.’
- ‘But really, everything is better than this vulgar, populistic mantra of ‘pop will at itself’.’
- ‘To most people it's clear that the Freedom Party and Haider is a very populistic and opportunistic conservative party.’
- ‘Although they became too populistic in the end for the presidential team, the formation of the Primakov-Luzhkov bloc actually helped destroy the Communists because they offered an alternative on the left and split the vote.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.