One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And, of course, public social scientists and those in the humanities are, in some respects, in short supply, in part because their colleagues stigmatize them as popularizers.’
- ‘The constructional approaches tend to be regarded as cook-books, and their authors as technicians or popularizers.’
- ‘Yet scientific popularizers and educators have to deal with the fact that in our society, many people are still religious, and still accept descriptive religion (at least ostensibly).’
- ‘Hence, Richardson's foreword drew scorn from veteran UFO investigators and science popularizers.’
- ‘Glazer, one of the popularizers of folk music in the tradition of Alan Lomax and Pete Seeger, was the master of the ‘found ‘song.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.