One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Music appealing to the popular taste, including rock and pop and also soul, country, reggae, rap, and dance music.
- ‘Britain is always a touch ahead of the curve as far as popular music goes.’
- ‘In some senses, he represents the latest incarnation of an archetype that crops up time and again in popular music.’
- ‘Few other genres of popular music elevate the text to such a level of importance.’
- ‘This data set was split into two broad categories of classical music and popular music.’
- ‘Breakbeat has exhibited an incredible tenaciousness since it infected popular music in 1974.’
- ‘Of course, it's easy to point out that most popular music thrives on image as well.’
- ‘There is a broad pattern in popular music scholarship of taking sides in a similar way.’
- ‘A French Algerian, he fuses contemporary Arabic popular music with post-punk guitar rock.’
- ‘It is essential reading in the role of popular music at the turn of the millennium.’
- ‘You're left with no doubt that the music contained here changed the world of popular music forever.’
- ‘The huge contribution made by the Beatles to popular music will be celebrated in the performance of a number of their hits.’
- ‘Presley was and is, even after his death, the single most important man in popular music.’
- ‘Well, actually a very well produced, and enjoyable journey through the A-Z of popular music.’
- ‘As it becomes popular music, world music appropriates the past and tradition to effect a radical break with them.’
- ‘He describes their repertoire as a mix of reggae, hip hop and popular music.’
- ‘American publishers of popular music were quick to cash in on the vogue of mountain songs.’
- ‘Her taste in popular music ran to the Beatles and James Taylor; jazz barely made an impression.’
- ‘But there is something about the human voice that gives popular music its zeitgeist.’
- ‘One aim of this volume is to explore some of the fundamental assumptions of popular music.’
- ‘It is 100 years since the discovery of the blues, the wellspring from which popular music as we know it first flowed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.