Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A number of musicians and vocalists who perform pop music together.‘they became the fifth biggest-selling pop group of all time’
- ‘Above all, this is a fascinating glimpse into a time when pop bands were given free reign to try virtually anything.’
- ‘He was trying to remember the name of a pop group so I could sing one of their songs at karaoke.’
- ‘As a whole, however, the willingness to defy convention in terms of their status as an indie pop group, is a large step forward for the band.’
- ‘They blossomed into one of the great pop groups of the 1980s and 1990s.’
- ‘The other opening act was refreshing after having to listen to the horrible bubble gum pop group.’
- ‘There is no doubt that this pop group sought publicity.’
- ‘Fans of the Scottish pop group have been waiting for its new compilation for quite a while now.’
- ‘They played some of the prettiest sections of music you're gonna hear from any pop band anywhere.’
- ‘They were a more indie pop group that enjoyed some success in their native land.’
- ‘A pre-teen pop band spreads their manufactured music across Japan.’
- ‘Despite some people categorizing them as rock, the group is a pop band with a knack for simple poetry.’
- ‘Competence notwithstanding, the group doesn't offer anything new in the world of female-fronted, guitar-driven pop bands.’
- ‘The commercial rock pop group were given the chance to strut their stuff in front of the crowds like true stars.’
- ‘There have been good films made by other British pop groups that were admittedly fun and engaging.’
- ‘The documentary follows the superstar pop group on an Australian tour, with generous concert footage of screaming Aussie youth.’
- ‘We're here to talk about how and why the they are one of Britain's best pop groups.’
- ‘With this, their second offering, they have broken the mould of the manufactured pop group.’
- ‘This year has been another hectic year for Ireland's number one pop group.’
- ‘They're a true pop band, but deep down, you know that they just want to rock.’
- ‘To me, she was the great female vocalist in Canada's best pop band.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.