One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercial establishment where pool or billiard games are played.
- ‘Webb discovered her knack for winning when she picked up a cue at age 8, in her father's poolroom just outside Atlanta.’
- ‘It was a good solid poolroom, but strange because it opened at 8: 00 AM every morning.’
- ‘And it scores high in the three attributes that separate the good from the great poolrooms: quality of equipment, style of décor and respect for the game.’
- ‘So he took her on a Columbus tour of every poolroom he could find.’
- ‘Leil Gay, more commonly known as JR, grew up around billiards as his father used to sell merchandise to poolrooms when JR was very young.’
- ‘As they ran out of the poolroom, Jarret hoped they'd find Tina in the staff room, sitting drinking coffee and reading a magazine.’
- ‘Put it by your table at home, or use a pocket size pad you can take to the bar or poolroom.’
- ‘He can name five pool halls in Louisville where he made serious nine-ball money until, at age 16, ‘I decided there was no future in a poolroom.’’
- ‘Looking around the poolroom, you'll see this a lot - players thinking they have to elevate to keep from miscuing.’
- ‘As a result, black businesses were typically small service sector activities such as dressmaking, poolrooms, grocery stores, restaurants and barbershops.’
- ‘When she was done, Ms. Marone showed her around, there was an arcade room, a poolroom, a workroom, a computer room, and a library room.’
- ‘She also brings a little civilization to the poolrooms we visit - the men's language cleans up and they act more like gentlemen when she is in the room.’
- ‘Thus knowing in the back of his mind that he would one day own a poolroom, he would visit hot spot billiard rooms (upwards of three hundred) when out of town.’
- ‘After his game began to progress, he started to play at a local poolroom about 15 minutes from his home.’
- ‘Now I was in the poolroom of my parents' home on Argon.’
- ‘‘So much for sleeping’ Faith mouthed smiling as they finally made it to the poolroom.’
- ‘The case has a handle, for those who would like to take their balls to the poolroom and play with the best possible equipment.’
- ‘The right pool table lights can give your poolroom that ambiance of casual elegance or rustic charm that you desire as well as providing the lighting necessary to play your best game of pool.’
- ‘The nightclub and poolroom came after the partners took over a former appliance center next door.’
- ‘About the only positive note to the hours I kept was being able to take advantage of the discount rate the poolroom gave during the day’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.