Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hairstyle in which the hair is drawn back and tied at the back of the head, causing it to hang down like a pony's tail.
- ‘Marc Jacobs and Calvin Klein favored models with loose, low ponytails with that same wrapped finish in their spring collections.’
- ‘Other low- and no-maintenance looks include chignons, ponytails or donning a bandanna.’
- ‘Perhaps it's the way they have their hair styled in perfect ponytails, their make-up highlighting their fine features.’
- ‘The car driver was a similar age with short dark hair and one of the rear passengers was a woman with dark hair in a ponytail.’
- ‘This season's hair is either tousled or tailored with a soft wave; think loose ponytails or chignons and a well-trimmed fringe.’
- ‘They showed up on the runways in all ways, shapes and forms, from chunky plaits and blunt cuts to layered styles with wispy ends and long braided ponytails.’
- ‘I leant back with my black brush in my hand and combed my hair into a high ponytail.’
- ‘Try applying conditioner from the roots to the tips and pull your hair softly into a ponytail at the nape of the neck.’
- ‘There were maybe only 2 days during the past summer that she hadn't had her hair in a ponytail.’
- ‘I dug my brush out of my bag, put my hair up in a ponytail and wiped off my mascara and eyeliner.’
- ‘She'd put her hair up in a ponytail that was quite cute because it was so small.’
- ‘I ran up the stairs and brushed my hair back into a ponytail, and cleaned my teeth.’
- ‘Erin shook her head, or as best she could as she was pulling her hair back in a ponytail.’
- ‘Both women were currently putting their long hair up into ponytails, to make themselves cooler in the desert heat.’
- ‘Now that he has replaced the ponytail with the crew cut he even looks the part.’
- ‘While all the other little girls in grammar school had very straight hair worn in cute ponytails, I had to suffer with a frizzy Afro.’
- ‘Her long hazelnut coloured hair was tied back into a ponytail which hung down to her lower back.’
- ‘They work great on my very thick, pretty curly hair for ponytails and sloppy buns.’
- ‘He saw his parents walk in followed by a little girl with her brown hair in a ponytail.’
- ‘Avoid styles that cause too much tension with prolonged wear, like tight ponytails and cornrows.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.