One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not all herbs smell good - catmint, curry plant, pyrethrum, rue, santolina and tansy are all pretty pongy, ranging from slightly musty to downright disgusting.’
- ‘At the Silo, Colin Mitchell's ambitious adaptation of Patrick Suskind's novel Perfume, The Scentless Apprentice, conjured up a pongy 18th-century France that was comedic and intriguing.’
- ‘The Stinking Bishop - probably the most pongy cheese ever to bless these shores - was to be the holy grail.’
- ‘Jerry's head barely jutted out above the pongy filth.’
- ‘As in other developments, sewage water from the houses could be used to keep the course up to par, if a little pongy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.