One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red Bordeaux wine produced in Pomerol, a region in the Gironde, France.
- ‘I loved the idea, clipped the article, and when I happened to have a little 1999 Pomerol left from dinner with my family the other night, I gave it a try.’
- ‘Your party was drinking a late '80s Pomerol while you sensibly sipped an elderflower spritzer.’
- ‘George seduced us into shelling out for a $60 bottle of Pomerol (Château La Croix de Gay), and later re-emerged with soothing glasses of pear brandy and Armagnac.’
- ‘Kindly bring up the '89 Pomerol from the cellar.’
- ‘At €500 for six bottles of the magisterial Hosanna, this is an achievable slice of the glory and vision that is great Pomerol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.