One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small dog of a breed with long silky hair, a pointed muzzle, and pricked ears.
- ‘The day belonged to massive Mastiffs, Great Danes, hairy Pomeranians, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Dalmatians and Miniature Pinschers.’
- ‘Soon islanders were busy turning out fleecy lap ornaments, whose parents often included Pomeranians and even a Prince Charles spaniel left behind by a departed yacht owner.’
- ‘Well-heeled women find toy-dogs - miniature Pomeranians, beagles and Pekingese - integral accessories.’
- ‘Already prized pets in a city where living space is at a premium, toy dogs - Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Maltese, Pomeranians - have emerged as the fashion statement of the season in the Big Apple, with the emphasis on size, or lack thereof.’
- ‘I have to keep my two Pomeranians away from my letter box on days when my O2 bill is due to hit the floor.’
- ‘Thus, the dogs were called Pomeranians in Britain, even though no German breed has ever been known by that name.’
- ‘I'm like that poor mutt at the animal shelter who's about to get put down, gets pointed out and cooed over for about two thirds of a second, until they notice the cage next to me and the Pomeranian next door gets taken home.’
- ‘The Pomeranians in cages went on barking endlessly.’
- ‘There he meets Anna and her Pomeranian, and sees a fine opportunity to add to his considerable roster of empty conquests.’
- ‘Their pet Pomeranian, Samantha, is not for poaching.’
- ‘My Pomeranian is extremely tiny and I find the ‘ring’ brush works best for me.’
- ‘Pets are the flowers in our lives and of the animal world, bringing dogs such as Pomeranians into existence, the Chrysanthemums of the dog world.’
- ‘Tooth loss and bacteria build up is a problem in Pomeranians as well as other small dogs.’
- ‘And if a breed of dogs ever belonged to the 80s, it is the Pomeranian.’
- ‘I heard a low growl and I looked at the small Pomeranian.’
- ‘He beckoned coaxingly to the Pomeranian, and when the dog came up to him he shook his finger at it.’
- ‘What about when every reporter in the Persian Gulf rolled over like a troupe of trained Pomeranians with pretty pink bows in their hair during the war?’
- ‘Examples are Chihuahuas, Yorkshire Terriers, Pomeranians and Maltese.’
- ‘In recent months, a Pomeranian and a Lhasa apso have joined the list.’
- ‘Labradors, Cocker Spaniels and Pomeranians are the three main pedigrees which are exposed to the dangers of being stolen from homes, say the Blue Cross volunteers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.