One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small dog of a breed with long silky hair, a pointed muzzle, and pricked ears.
- ‘Labradors, Cocker Spaniels and Pomeranians are the three main pedigrees which are exposed to the dangers of being stolen from homes, say the Blue Cross volunteers.’
- ‘I have to keep my two Pomeranians away from my letter box on days when my O2 bill is due to hit the floor.’
- ‘My Pomeranian is extremely tiny and I find the ‘ring’ brush works best for me.’
- ‘The day belonged to massive Mastiffs, Great Danes, hairy Pomeranians, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Dalmatians and Miniature Pinschers.’
- ‘Already prized pets in a city where living space is at a premium, toy dogs - Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Maltese, Pomeranians - have emerged as the fashion statement of the season in the Big Apple, with the emphasis on size, or lack thereof.’
- ‘I heard a low growl and I looked at the small Pomeranian.’
- ‘And if a breed of dogs ever belonged to the 80s, it is the Pomeranian.’
- ‘Well-heeled women find toy-dogs - miniature Pomeranians, beagles and Pekingese - integral accessories.’
- ‘Soon islanders were busy turning out fleecy lap ornaments, whose parents often included Pomeranians and even a Prince Charles spaniel left behind by a departed yacht owner.’
- ‘Examples are Chihuahuas, Yorkshire Terriers, Pomeranians and Maltese.’
- ‘Thus, the dogs were called Pomeranians in Britain, even though no German breed has ever been known by that name.’
- ‘Tooth loss and bacteria build up is a problem in Pomeranians as well as other small dogs.’
- ‘I'm like that poor mutt at the animal shelter who's about to get put down, gets pointed out and cooed over for about two thirds of a second, until they notice the cage next to me and the Pomeranian next door gets taken home.’
- ‘Their pet Pomeranian, Samantha, is not for poaching.’
- ‘There he meets Anna and her Pomeranian, and sees a fine opportunity to add to his considerable roster of empty conquests.’
- ‘The Pomeranians in cages went on barking endlessly.’
- ‘He beckoned coaxingly to the Pomeranian, and when the dog came up to him he shook his finger at it.’
- ‘What about when every reporter in the Persian Gulf rolled over like a troupe of trained Pomeranians with pretty pink bows in their hair during the war?’
- ‘Pets are the flowers in our lives and of the animal world, bringing dogs such as Pomeranians into existence, the Chrysanthemums of the dog world.’
- ‘In recent months, a Pomeranian and a Lhasa apso have joined the list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.