One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A water-soluble polymer of vinyl pyrrolidone, used as a synthetic blood plasma substitute and in the cosmetic, drug, and food-processing industries.
- ‘The blot was prehybridized in 6x SSC, 5x Denhardt's solution (1x Denhardt's solution is 0.02% Ficoll, 0.02% polyvinylpyrrolidone, and 0.02% bovine serum albumin), 0.5% SDS, 50% formamide, and 0.1 mg/ml denatured salmon sperm DNA.’
- ‘Phyto hormones were extracted in 5 ml of 65% acetone overnight at 4°C and polyvinylpyrrolidone was added as an antioxidant.’
- ‘The tunica albuginea was removed from testes and remaining tissues were placed in cold modified Dulbecco's phosphate buffered medium supplemented with 0.01% polyvinylpyrrolidone.’
- ‘To prevent oxidation of polyphenol and its interference with activity of Taq polymerase; 2-mercaptoethanol was added to an extraction buffer and insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone was added to leaves when they were ground.’
- ‘Five percent polyvinylpyrrolidone and 0.1% 2-mercaptoethanol were added to the buffer prior to use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.