One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting materials or objects made from polymers of vinyl compounds.
- ‘The suction effect of the device is exerted on the foam dressing via a polyvinyl tube that is inserted into the foam through a slit made in the vapor-permeable film drape.’
- ‘Master-Halco's Color Plus combines a tough polyvinyl coating and a unique bonding agent over galvanized steel, which results in a fence that will withstand harsh elements, as well as provide maximum security and protection.’
- ‘A polyvinyl tube about 4 mm in diameter is passed pernasally after topical anaesthesia.’
- ‘Storm Rolling Thunder bags feature 600 denier polyvinyl fabric, heavy-duty hardware, exceptional upright stability, oversize bearing wheels, and a shoe compartment that accepts up to U.S. men's size 15.’
- ‘All participants were fed via a polyvinyl nasogastric or orogastric tube appropriately sized for each patient's age; an 8F tube was the most common size in both feeding groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.