One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Production of abnormally large volumes of dilute urine.Compare with diuresis
- ‘The most important renal effects are polydipsia and polyuria resulting from nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, and nephrolithiasis resulting from hypercalciuria.’
- ‘Although he did not understand the true nature of diabetes, Heberden felt that polyuria in diabetes was unrelated to the kidneys.’
- ‘He reported classic symptoms of diabetes, including polydipsia, polyuria, fatigue, hunger, nausea, and vomiting.’
- ‘A history of diabetic symptoms such as polydipsia, polyuria and weight loss may sometimes, but not always, be present.’
- ‘Although dogs and cats can be subject to urinary tract calculi, it is generally not in conjunction with chronic renal failure, since animals with CRF generally exhibit dilute urine coupled with polyuria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.