One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A compound containing two or more sulfur atoms bonded together as an anion or group.
- ‘Approximately 3 lb of calcium carbonate are needed to neutralize the effect of 1 lb of sulfur applied as elemental sulfur or ammonium polysulfide.’
- ‘Thiokol Chemical Corporation produced a synthetic rubber from ethylene dichloride and sodium polysulfide.’
- 1.1 A synthetic rubber or other polymer in which the units are linked through sulfur compounds.
- ‘There are three common types: polysulfides, polyurethanes, and silicones.’
- ‘The polysulfide degrades, cracks and causes the window to fail and ‘fog up’.’
- ‘These coatings exhibit the toughness and adhesion of epoxy, with the elasticity and chemical resistance of a polysulfide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.