One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic resin that is a polymer of propylene, used especially for ropes, fabrics, and molded objects.
- ‘Synthetic polymers such as polyethylene and polypropylene are produced by free radical addition reactions.’
- ‘Taking along some extra clothing like lightweight polypropylene underwear and a balaclava in your cave pack can make your trip more comfortable and might be a life saver.’
- ‘Polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, silicone, and rubber are among the materials that are not responsive to the process.’
- ‘Examples of linear polymers include polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride and polypropylene.’
- ‘Wear a wicking material like polypropylene against your body to keep your skin dry, and top it with a waterproof jacket that's also wind resistant.’
- ‘Woven and nonwoven geotextiles, usually made from polyester and polypropylene, are two types of geosynthetics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.