One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic resin that is a polymer of propylene, used especially for ropes, fabrics, and molded objects.
- ‘Synthetic polymers such as polyethylene and polypropylene are produced by free radical addition reactions.’
- ‘Woven and nonwoven geotextiles, usually made from polyester and polypropylene, are two types of geosynthetics.’
- ‘Examples of linear polymers include polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride and polypropylene.’
- ‘Polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, silicone, and rubber are among the materials that are not responsive to the process.’
- ‘Taking along some extra clothing like lightweight polypropylene underwear and a balaclava in your cave pack can make your trip more comfortable and might be a life saver.’
- ‘Wear a wicking material like polypropylene against your body to keep your skin dry, and top it with a waterproof jacket that's also wind resistant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.