One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition characterized by the presence of numerous internal polyps, especially a hereditary disease (familial adenomatous polyposis) which affects the colon and in which the polyps may become malignant.
- ‘Genetic testing is now available to detect polyposis as well as hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer syndrome.’
- ‘Familial adenomatous polyposis is inherited by transmission of a mutation of the APC gene on chromosome 5.’
- ‘Patients with inflammatory bowel disease, familial polyposis, acute abdominal symptoms, or pregnancy were excluded.’
- ‘Familial adenomatous polyposis is an autosomal dominant syndrome in which hundreds to more than a thousand polyps develop in the colon and other parts of the gastrointestinal tract, beginning early in life.’
- ‘High-risk patients include patients younger than 60 years with a history of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer, familial polyposis, ulcerative colitis, high-risk adenomatous polyps or previous colorectal cancer.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.