Relating to or resembling a polyp or hydra.
- ‘In its microstructure and gross anatomy, Hyolithelius is most similar to Byronia and to thecae of polypoid coronalids.’
- ‘Byronia is most similar to thecae of polypoid coronalids, an extant group of scyphozoans that have been allied with conulariids.’
- ‘For the reasons outlined above in the first paragraph and explained in more detail in Van Iten et al., we here interpret Sphenothallus as a thecate polypoid cnidarian whose systematic position within this phylum is uncertain.’
- ‘These attributes are obliterated when it undergoes metamorphosis into a sessile polypoid adult.’
- 1.1Relating to or denoting the polyp stage in the life cycle of a coelenterate.
(of a growth) resembling or in the form of a polyp.
- ‘At the time of cholecystectomy, the gallbladder was noted to have a thickened wall and a polypoid mass arising in the neck of the gallbladder.’
- ‘Laryngoscopy revealed a polypoid lesion implanting on the anterior aspect of the subglottic cone.’
- ‘By sigmoidoscopy, a submucosal ovoid polypoid mass measuring about 2 cm in greatest dimension was identified at 4 cm above the anal verge.’
- ‘Physical examination revealed a pedunculated polypoid mass measuring 0.5 cm in greatest dimension involving the midanterior two thirds of the right tongue blade.’
- ‘Physical examination revealed a polypoid lesion at the right margin of the tongue.’