Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A long-fiber rayon-and-polyester blend with a soft finish, used mainly in clothing.
- ‘ID Wear's stylish polynosic polo shirt for men is ideal for work, play and relaxation.’
- ‘Since the economic slowdown took hold in 2000, Ash City has moved the brand's price point down and expanded it to include fabrics beyond mercerized cottons - such as poplins and polynosics - to attract more customers.’
- ‘In addition, there are fabrications that we have found great success with for the golf market as well as promotional products - polynosic wovens being among the favorites, Roehl adds.’
- ‘On the woven side, there's the Brandon, style 3500 for men, and the Chelsea, style 3600 for women, both made of 70% polynosic and 30% polyester.’
- ‘The Preston, style 3328 from Dunbrooke's Club Collection, is a sand-washed polynosic ottoman knit polo with bird's-eye collar.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.