The time required for a computer to solve a problem, where this time is a simple polynomial function of the size of the input.
- ‘The computer algorithm concludes within polynomial time.’
- ‘A more refined question is to ask what is computable in polynomial time, or P time.’
- ‘In other words, for a set of typical machines, we can always find a solution in polynomial time, and for a set of typical jobs, we can also find the best solution in polynomial time.’
- ‘If you are given a proposed perfect partition, however, you can easily verify its correctness in polynomial time.’
- ‘To find a prime-detecting algorithm that could do the job in polynomial time, researchers had explored a variety of approaches - some based on highly sophisticated mathematics - but with limited success.’