One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads toward the center of the body.
- ‘Anemia, peripheral polyneuropathy, and nephropathy were all manifestations of lead toxicity.’
- ‘Furthermore, among older persons the development of pain is more likely to be related to the gradual progression of pain-related conditions such as arthritis or diabetic polyneuropathy.’
- ‘They showed a patchy demyelinating polyneuropathy, with all nerves involved.’
- ‘A variant of sensorimotor polyneuropathy is painful diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘Patients may present with only one type of diabetic neuropathy or may develop combinations of neuropathies (e.g., distal symmetric polyneuropathy and autonomic neuropathy).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.