Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads toward the center of the body.
- ‘Patients may present with only one type of diabetic neuropathy or may develop combinations of neuropathies (e.g., distal symmetric polyneuropathy and autonomic neuropathy).’
- ‘Furthermore, among older persons the development of pain is more likely to be related to the gradual progression of pain-related conditions such as arthritis or diabetic polyneuropathy.’
- ‘Anemia, peripheral polyneuropathy, and nephropathy were all manifestations of lead toxicity.’
- ‘A variant of sensorimotor polyneuropathy is painful diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘They showed a patchy demyelinating polyneuropathy, with all nerves involved.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.