A general degeneration of peripheral nerves that spreads toward the center of the body.
- ‘Patients may present with only one type of diabetic neuropathy or may develop combinations of neuropathies (e.g., distal symmetric polyneuropathy and autonomic neuropathy).’
- ‘Furthermore, among older persons the development of pain is more likely to be related to the gradual progression of pain-related conditions such as arthritis or diabetic polyneuropathy.’
- ‘Anemia, peripheral polyneuropathy, and nephropathy were all manifestations of lead toxicity.’
- ‘A variant of sensorimotor polyneuropathy is painful diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘They showed a patchy demyelinating polyneuropathy, with all nerves involved.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.