One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A glassy synthetic resin obtained by polymerizing methyl methacrylate, used to make perspex, plexiglas, and lucite.
- ‘Over the past decade, the center reported, several complications have been reported in medical literature and to FDA following the use of polymethyl methacrylate bone cements to treat spinal compression fractures.’
- ‘The process uses a polymer formed through a chemical bonding of polystyrene and polymethyl methacrylate.’
- ‘These materials include fused silica, calcium fluoride, high index glasses, polymethyl methacrylate and amorphous polyolefin polymers, sapphire, silicon, zinc selenide, germanium, and amorphous IR glass.’
- ‘Today, the most commonly used bone cement is an acrylic polymer polymethyl methacrylate.’
- ‘The proximal femur and distal tibia were potted in cylindrical molds of polymethyl methacrylate for gripping in the test fixtures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.