One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which brings about the formation of a particular polymer, especially DNA or RNA.See also transcriptase
- ‘Replicative DNA polymerases are very accurate enzymes with error rates usually in the range of 10-5 per replicated nucleotide.’
- ‘In contrast to the phage polymerases, RNA polymerases from higher organisms have a much more complex subunit structure than the bacterial enzymes.’
- ‘The presence of the histones and CpG methylation most affect accessibility of the chromatin to RNA polymerases and transcription factors.’
- ‘These complexes regulate the interaction of RNA polymerases and DNA elements within promoters.’
- ‘Promoter sequences promote the ability of RNA polymerases to recognize the nucleotide at which initiation begins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.