One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That is the daunting task for undaunted talk radio hosts, Web pundits, and bar drunks, and a major reason why such polymathic opinion dispensers rarely provide much more than a light snack for those seeking the nourishment of truth.’
- ‘Margie Thomson has chronicled his journey from musical whiz kid to polymathic author.’
- ‘Ben would engage in diverse acts of self-expression - art-works, music, craft-works, scientific theorisations - by which a polymathic apprehension of the world would be concentrated into new forms of representation.’
- ‘In it he exhibits a polymathic fluency in nearly every language of social theory from the late 18th century to the present.’
- ‘I was discussing the problem with two polymathic friends of mine, reproductive biologist Jack Cohen and mathematician Ian Stewart, co-authors of Figments of Reality, Evolving the Alien and The Science of Discworld.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.