One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Placental-site trophoblastic tumor is composed predominantly of polyhedral and vacuolated, multinucleated intermediate trophoblastic cells that infiltrate the myometrium with extensive deposition of fibrinoid material.’
- ‘Microscopically, the lesion consisted of stellate to polyhedral cells distributed singly and arranged in single or multiple layers around small vascular channels and deposited in an abundant myxoid matrix.’
- ‘And the sphere that houses the new Hayden Planetarium is both beautiful and astrophysically relevant - something that cannot be said of pyramids, cubes, or other polyhedral forms.’
- ‘The route started by Euler with his polyhedral formula was followed by a little known mathematician Antoine-Jean Lhuilier who worked for most of his life on problems relating to Euler's formula.’
- ‘The particles may have any shape or size, but they are generally spherical, ellipsoidal, polyhedral, or irregular in shape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.