One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polymer which has several ionizable groups along the molecule, especially any of those used for coagulating and flocculating particles during water treatment or for making electrophoretic gels.
- ‘Even so, this apparent complexity would allow benefit from progresses in statistical physics, and scaling theories applied to polymers, polyelectrolytes, and polyampholytes.’
- ‘Biochemists have known for many years that to get large charged molecules called polyelectrolytes to snuggle up, ions in the solution are essential.’
- ‘Transport of polyelectrolytes, in particular of nucleic acid fragments, through proteinaceous pores in membranes has also been reported.’
- ‘His area of research is the theory of soft matter, polymers, emulsions, dispersions, gels, polyelectrolytes.’
- ‘Their theory has been shown to be useful for explaining the physico-chemical characteristics of elongated polyelectrolytes dissolving in an aqueous solution, such as electrophoretic mobility.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.