One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by multiple cysts.
- ‘At least a third of women with multiple miscarriages appear to have polycystic ovary syndrome, which is characterized by hormonal abnormalities and multiple cysts on the ovaries.’
- ‘In general, tubulointerstitial diseases progress more slowly than do glomerular diseases, diabetic and hypertensive nephropathy, and polycystic kidney disease.’
- ‘We know that that's a much rarer cause of irregular periods, a much less common disease than polycystic ovary syndrome.’
- ‘Other long-term effects of polycystic ovary syndrome are related to the clinical consequences of persistent anovulation.’
- ‘We have reported two cases of bladder carcinoma manifesting as macroscopic haematuria in adult polycystic kidney disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.