Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by multiple cysts.
- ‘We have reported two cases of bladder carcinoma manifesting as macroscopic haematuria in adult polycystic kidney disease.’
- ‘At least a third of women with multiple miscarriages appear to have polycystic ovary syndrome, which is characterized by hormonal abnormalities and multiple cysts on the ovaries.’
- ‘Other long-term effects of polycystic ovary syndrome are related to the clinical consequences of persistent anovulation.’
- ‘We know that that's a much rarer cause of irregular periods, a much less common disease than polycystic ovary syndrome.’
- ‘In general, tubulointerstitial diseases progress more slowly than do glomerular diseases, diabetic and hypertensive nephropathy, and polycystic kidney disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.