One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of or derived from many clones.
- ‘Whether polyclonal proliferations progress to monoclonal lymphomas has not been proven.’
- ‘In addition, it is possible to use an animal polyclonal antiserum for capture and a human IgE antibody containing serum for detection.’
- ‘Most of these analytes are measured by immunoassays using monoclonal or polyclonal antibodies.’
- ‘One should note whether the antibody is polyclonal or monoclonal and also the species and isotype of the primary antibody.’
- ‘We applied the model to several different T-cell clones and to a polyclonal cell line representative of a subpopulation present in blood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.