One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic resin in which the polymer units are linked through carbonate groups, including many molding materials and films.
- ‘An array of choices exists for glazing, including glass, vinyl, fiberglass, polycarbonate, acrylic and polyethylene.’
- ‘Clubb says the increases affected all of the plastics lines - polycarbonates, polyethylenes, polypropylenes, copolyesters, and acrylics.’
- ‘The polycarbonate trademarked as Lexan is used in ‘bulletproof’ glass and in astronaut's helmets.’
- ‘Janos Hajito made his discovery by mixing fluorescent dyes with polycarbonate, a transparent polymer.’
- ‘Classes of polymers used in integrated optics include acrylates, polyimides, polycarbonates, and olefins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.