One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of many atoms.
- ‘The sum of oxidation numbers for all atoms in a polyatomic ion equals the charge on the ion, and the sum of all oxidation numbers for atoms in a neutral molecule equals zero.’
- ‘In contrast most other nonmetals tend to form polyatomic molecules in the gaseous state.’
- ‘A polyatomic molecule with bonds which are polar is not necessarily polar itself.’
- ‘The permeability sequence follows the affinity sequence of the binding sites, and larger and polyatomic anions exhibit a higher permeability than other anions.’
- ‘By removing the free metal ions from solution, the formation of the chloride containing polyatomic ions allows the oxidation reaction to continue toward equilibrium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.