One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic resin made by polymerizing acrylamide, especially a water-soluble polymer used to form or stabilize gels and as a thickening or clarifying agent.
- ‘We have previously synthesized water-soluble polyacrylamide copolymers with MG side chains.’
- ‘The first was protein analysis using sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘Results were assayed on a 6% polyacrylamide gel stained with ethidium bromide after electrophoresis.’
- ‘The proteins in the immunoprecipitates were size fractionated by SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The purified protein migrated with an apparent molecular weight of 42 kDa on sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.