A synthetic resin made by polymerizing acrylamide, especially a water-soluble polymer used to form or stabilize gels and as a thickening or clarifying agent.
- ‘We have previously synthesized water-soluble polyacrylamide copolymers with MG side chains.’
- ‘Results were assayed on a 6% polyacrylamide gel stained with ethidium bromide after electrophoresis.’
- ‘The proteins in the immunoprecipitates were size fractionated by SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The first was protein analysis using sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The purified protein migrated with an apparent molecular weight of 42 kDa on sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.