One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See polo neck
- ‘In the paparazzo shots, she's emerging from the pool in a serious swimmers' cap, goggles and a black, long-sleeved, polo-necked, skin-shielding swimsuit.’
- ‘There are not people walking around wearing beads and polo-necked jerseys, sitting on beanbags, and listening to John Lennon.’
- ‘I was a bit of a rockabilly in those days, 50's gear, backcombed hair (it was cool, honest), and I used to wear circle skirts with tight polo-necked tops and a very, very cinched waist.’
- ‘Every two-bit jumped up car stylist in a black polo-necked sweater proclaims themselves an artist, their latest creation a work of art, whereas it is merely a fashionable object.’
- ‘The West Leeds High School pupil was last seen wearing a zip-fronted navy blue Ellesse jacket with reversible cream lining over a black and ribbed polo-necked jumper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.