One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who conducts or analyzes opinion polls.
- ‘Nobody will tell an opinion pollster they want less money, still less vote for it.’
- ‘No one should be fooled by the illusory claims of the opinion pollsters.’
- ‘Then the pollsters started conducting scientific polls of the general population.’
- ‘Certainly there is broad public support for educational reform, or so the pollsters tell us.’
- ‘Re-evaluate your budget priorities if over half of your polling is to be conducted by a pollster that is not hired by the campaign.’
- ‘The results startled even the pollsters who conducted and analyzed the surveys.’
- ‘That was perhaps, the most accurate reading of the public pulse that I've seen by pollsters.’
- ‘They usually reveal more about the pollsters ' prejudices than the public's opinions.’
- ‘I think it's hard for pollsters, in all fairness to them, to measure what's going on out there.’
- ‘Millions tell pollsters they would vote Lib Dem if the voting system let them.’
- ‘Comparisons between polls done by competing pollsters are absolutely meaningless.’
- ‘The Pakistani commentators and the pollsters are predicting that my party is going to win tomorrow.’
- ‘While most pollsters say they would contact clients whose analyses didn't tally with the numbers, few ever do.’
- ‘Political scientists and candidate pollsters track opinion on candidates and issues.’
- ‘No one but the pollsters themselves and political fanatics will care which pollster got it right or wrong.’
- ‘Think about it, you are sitting at home and pollsters are actually calling and acting interested in you.’
- ‘Pollsters say that getting a phone call from a pollster is not nearly as unique as it once was.’
- ‘The findings of these studies puzzled media researchers and opinion pollsters at the time.’
- ‘There are many reasons why most journalists, analysts, TV pundits and even the pollsters got it so wrong.’
- ‘The conflict in views between opinion pollsters over what is going on in the election has reached its most acute over recent polls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.