One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a respectful and considerate manner.‘he waited politely for me to ask questions’‘I politely thanked him for the suggestion’
- ‘In the communications trade, this story is what we politely label 'greenwashing'.’
- ‘He excused himself politely and left in great haste, as if he felt he were unwelcome.’
- ‘Someone, perhaps unaware of my disposition at the moment, politely asked what I thought of the film.’
- ‘She politely explains to her baby sister which of them is first in line to succeed their father.’
- ‘In the third act, the Prince politely waltzes with six prospective brides chosen by the Queen Mother.’
- ‘Would they give me a few issues, if I ask politely enough?’
- ‘She offered him some imaginary tea, which he politely declined.’
- ‘In Courbet's painting, the patron politely extends his hat in the direction of his guest.’
- ‘They begin politely enough by enjoying a romantic dinner.’
- ‘At the time for my audition, I was politely ushered to the stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.