One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of enteroviruses including those that cause poliomyelitis.
- ‘Viral meningitis may be caused by viruses such as coxsackie, herpes simplex, mumps, the varicella zoster virus of chickenpox and shingles, poliovirus, echoviruses (including enterovisuses).’
- ‘The purpose of laboratory containment of wild polioviruses is to eliminate the risk of reintroducing wild polioviruses from the laboratory to the community.’
- ‘In addition, other persons living in your house should not take oral poliovirus vaccine since there is a chance they could pass the poliovirus on to you.’
- ‘Making a countrywide list of all biomedical laboratories and inventorying those having specific pathogen (in this case wild polioviruses or potentially infected material) is a task never before attempted in the country.’
- ‘In Mumbai city there is a project to search for wild polioviruses in sewage, conducted by the Enterovirus Research Centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.