One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or group in whose name an insurance policy is held.
- ‘They are obliged to remind policyholders of this right four months - and then again six weeks - before they retire.’
- ‘This is paid by an insurance company to the beneficiaries of the policyholder when they die.’
- ‘This year it expects to pay up to £4m to policyholders facing shortfalls.’
- ‘Some of us journalists have been made to feel like pariahs for daring to speak up for policyholders and give them a platform for their concerns.’
- ‘The insurer targets safer drivers and has attracted 700,000 policyholders and is aiming to hit one million next year.’
- ‘A marketing campaign will urge at least 1 million policyholders to vote.’
- ‘If I worried any policyholders unnecessarily, then I must apologise.’
- ‘How much more bad news are policyholders supposed to endure?’
- ‘Claims were sometimes also rejected due to non-disclosure of material facts by policyholders.’
- ‘But we wanted both sets of policyholders to end up with the same return, representing the fair value of their policy.’
- ‘The scheme is an insurance policy that will pay a regular income if the policyholder cannot work - usually after three or six months off work.’
- ‘CA claims that this insurance adds to policyholders ' debts instead of protecting them against hardship.’
- ‘However, there are about 2.5 million policyholders saddled with plans that are doing worse than others.’
- ‘That is what the overwhelming majority of policyholders wanted.’
- ‘Insurers are increasingly advising policyholders to keep valuables, such as jewellery, in a safe when they are not being worn.’
- ‘Claims handlers, who help policyholders pursue insurers, reckon that the most lucrative area is health insurance.’
- ‘Increasingly, investigators find themselves battling gangs that steal the identity of a policyholder and then file false claims under his name.’
- ‘This type of insurance covers the policyholder against damage to either a third party or a third party's property.’
- ‘The letters, which had to be dispatched before the end of the month, offer policyholders the chance to review their arrangements.’
- ‘Birmingham is the second most dangerous city to drive in, with more than one in seven policyholders involved in an accident per year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.