One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a police force.
- ‘The threat of litigation against a police force would not make a policeman more efficient.’
- ‘The teenager managed to make his way outside and informed two policemen on patrol of what had happened.’
- ‘If you want a policeman at the moment you have to phone Sorbaig Police Station.’
- ‘The report quaintly states that he pushed gently past the policeman and was gently arrested.’
- ‘The policeman tried to handcuff him but the boy kept pushing him away, so he called for backup.’
- ‘The policemen at the station threw her out as well, and also snatched the bedsheet away.’
- ‘The two police cars were blocking in a grey car and the policemen were talking to a man inside the car.’
- ‘Five of the policemen named in the programme were with Greater Manchester Police.’
- ‘What they want is policemen in pointy helmets patrolling very old walls in the drizzle.’
- ‘As one of the policemen informed our reporter, those were students of one famous institute.’
- ‘I await the knock upon the door and a brace of burly policemen with handcuffs.’
- ‘It is one of the busiest junctions where policemen dread to man traffic during peak hours.’
- ‘Six other soldiers and paramilitary policemen were killed in rebel attacks on their patrols.’
- ‘I collected another broad grin from two policemen patrolling in Williton this morning.’
- ‘I watched as a policeman seized a teenage girl by the arms, her legs buckling from gas and shock.’
- ‘We went straight to the local police-station where we were met by a young policeman.’
- ‘They were removed from the room and handcuffed by additional policemen outside.’
- ‘There was an undercover policeman by the side of our coach given away by the large pistol in a holster by his side.’
- ‘Later police academies would borrow this system to train policemen with target shooting.’
- ‘They even attacked the policemen that were driving to the other police stations to try and help fend them off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.