One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a police force.
- ‘I await the knock upon the door and a brace of burly policemen with handcuffs.’
- ‘Later police academies would borrow this system to train policemen with target shooting.’
- ‘As one of the policemen informed our reporter, those were students of one famous institute.’
- ‘The teenager managed to make his way outside and informed two policemen on patrol of what had happened.’
- ‘What they want is policemen in pointy helmets patrolling very old walls in the drizzle.’
- ‘It is one of the busiest junctions where policemen dread to man traffic during peak hours.’
- ‘They were removed from the room and handcuffed by additional policemen outside.’
- ‘The policemen at the station threw her out as well, and also snatched the bedsheet away.’
- ‘I collected another broad grin from two policemen patrolling in Williton this morning.’
- ‘I watched as a policeman seized a teenage girl by the arms, her legs buckling from gas and shock.’
- ‘Six other soldiers and paramilitary policemen were killed in rebel attacks on their patrols.’
- ‘The report quaintly states that he pushed gently past the policeman and was gently arrested.’
- ‘The two police cars were blocking in a grey car and the policemen were talking to a man inside the car.’
- ‘They even attacked the policemen that were driving to the other police stations to try and help fend them off.’
- ‘Five of the policemen named in the programme were with Greater Manchester Police.’
- ‘We went straight to the local police-station where we were met by a young policeman.’
- ‘The threat of litigation against a police force would not make a policeman more efficient.’
- ‘The policeman tried to handcuff him but the boy kept pushing him away, so he called for backup.’
- ‘If you want a policeman at the moment you have to phone Sorbaig Police Station.’
- ‘There was an undercover policeman by the side of our coach given away by the large pistol in a holster by his side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.