One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized body of police officers responsible for a country, district, or town.
- ‘Several police forces in Britain have adopted a missing child alert system in a bid to avert tragedy.’
- ‘Ministers have said that the policy is an operational matter for police forces.’
- ‘UK police forces are more used to weathering heavy criticism over race-relations issues.’
- ‘Neither would greater investment in our secret services and police forces be money wasted.’
- ‘We know about the problems the Australians have had with their police forces.’
- ‘The problem is that not enough is being done by police forces in the States.’
- ‘All police forces would claim to use as little force as necessary.’
- ‘He said the incidents of clashes between Aboriginal people and police forces are growing.’
- ‘In addition, they have been hurt in raids by drug barons and by the actions of some police forces.’
- ‘To confuse matters further, police forces operate autonomously and record crimes differently.’
- ‘For example, consider cases involving fire services and police forces with an operational dimension to them.’
- ‘I think that it is wrong for any member to suggest that our police force is not one of the best police forces in the world.’
- ‘Detectives from police forces across the country are sharing intelligence to piece together any leads.’
- ‘The further I walked, the more senior the police forces started to look.’
- ‘That is, we have trained police forces ready to respond to violations of the law or disturbances of the peace.’
- ‘It means that our police forces are hopelessly inept when it comes to applying detective work to modern communications.’
- ‘The firm's identity is being kept a secret, along with two police forces who are also testing the device.’
- ‘It was not justified in law and was a violation of the public's trust in its police forces and is at odds with common decency.’
- ‘Scottish and other police forces are finding more knives largely because they have made it their job to find more knives.’
- ‘Other police forces have travelled to Ireland to view the system but are not taking it on because of the cost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.