One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm building with no foundation and with sides consisting of corrugated steel or aluminum panels supported by poles set in the ground typically at eight-foot intervals.
- ‘As he spoke in a pole barn to about 150 chilled supporters, two turbines turned quickly in a nearby field.’
- ‘He told her to go inside and he took the horses to the nearby pole barn.’
- ‘Improvements pegged for the Ag Society grounds include renovations and an addition to the indoor arena, pole barns, an outdoor riding arena, parking, a campground, an outdoor warm-up arena and water and sewer upgrades.’
- ‘In our system they are housed in what's called ‘free stalls’ so it's like a big pole barn and cows are kept inside pretty well 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.’
- ‘Oren shook his head tiredly and led Penny into the long, metal pole barn.’
- ‘And he's looking forward to the new pole barn, which will let him store more high-dollar hay and straw.’
- ‘He's done contract building of pole barns for poultry and cattle.’
- ‘Typical applications include fence posts, framing members for decks, landscape timbers and borders for walkways, and structural posts for pole barns.’
- ‘The large pole barn did go up first and as soon as it was near ready all nine horses were brought up by trailer.’
- ‘We followed a trail of blood that Jones had left around the house and watched as it went of into the darkness towards an old pole barn out back.’
- ‘One farmer built a pole barn, bought a seed cleaner and started cleaning seed.’
- ‘‘If there's a pole barn in our territory, Monroe's Building Department [a Harvest Land division] probably built it,’ Christner says.’
- ‘Between his house and the pole barn in the backyard, there was definitely enough space for it, but it was beyond any party Braiden had been to.’
- ‘I was aware of the lack of research pointing to human safety and, in a bold move, I piped up to make this point citing Monsanto's ‘Right to Know’ safety sign, prominently displayed on the wall of the pole barn in which we were seated.’
- ‘Dad got the tractor in 1956, not long after he bought 15 acres just west of Delaware and put up one of the first pole barns in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.