One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A generic term for any device (e.g., a graphics tablet, mouse, stylus, pointing stick, or trackball) used to control the movement of a cursor on a computer screen.
- ‘There's also a USB connector for pointing devices.’
- ‘He outfitted them with then-state-of-the-art PCs and cobbled together head-mounted pointing devices to control the screen cursor.’
- ‘It has built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, as well as a touchpad as its pointing device.’
- ‘It uses a touchpad pointing device with a side-scrolling area.’
- ‘Examples of classes are audio devices; pointing devices, such as mice and touchpads; keyboards; joysticks; IDE disks; and tty devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.