One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or department that can be approached for information or assistance on a specific topic.‘he was the point of contact for members of the press seeking information’
- ‘The contractor shall identify a point of contact to answer questions regarding the estimate and its derivation with a phone number and email.’
- ‘This will probably be your first point of contact with your potential employer.’
- ‘We're currently in the process of hiring a managing agent who will be the point of contact for graduates and small businesses in the programme.’
- ‘The portal will be a central point of contact for all information on health and social services.’
- ‘These lead organizations act as a point of contact for other agencies, particularly in the areas of planning and information-sharing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.