One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Write or speak in verse or in a poetic style.‘he doesn't look clever but he can poetize’
- ‘In A Certain World Auden quotes Nietzsche's description of Dante ‘or the hyena poetizing among the tombs’; the quotation comes from Gotzen-Dammerung, reprinted in Samtliche Werke 6: 111.’
- ‘And third, the revolution must effect systemic social change: Changing individual lives - by killing them or by educating them, by preaching or poetizing at them - will not in and of itself effect global social change.’
- 1.1with object Represent in poetic form.‘Shelley poetizes the doctrine’
- ‘These last two poems met to mingle in the emotions that poetized these masterpieces.’
- ‘Here Baraka repeats the Emersonian desire to poetize American with new signs, but his appropriation shows how at the same time American's own sons were incapable of the project.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.