Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1 Write or speak in verse or in a poetic style.
- ‘In A Certain World Auden quotes Nietzsche's description of Dante ‘or the hyena poetizing among the tombs’; the quotation comes from Gotzen-Dammerung, reprinted in Samtliche Werke 6: 111.’
- ‘And third, the revolution must effect systemic social change: Changing individual lives - by killing them or by educating them, by preaching or poetizing at them - will not in and of itself effect global social change.’
- 1.1[with object]Represent in poetic form.
- ‘These last two poems met to mingle in the emotions that poetized these masterpieces.’
- ‘Here Baraka repeats the Emersonian desire to poetize American with new signs, but his appropriation shows how at the same time American's own sons were incapable of the project.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.