Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice of using the Internet to make digital recordings of broadcasts available for downloading to a computer or mobile device.‘for many, podcasting is a logical next step from blogging’
- ‘The mainstream media's approach to podcasting provides some clues for how independents can succeed.’
- ‘The Vatican is beginning to distribute podcasting from the Pope.’
- ‘Of relevance to the growth of podcasting has been the development of MP3-type devices with larger storage capacity.’
- ‘The development of the RSS file format made podcasting possible.’
- ‘There is some disagreement about the role of advertising in podcasting.’
- ‘Podcasting represents a shift from mass broadcasting to on-demand personalized media.’
- ‘Listening to podcasting can take a lot of time.’
- ‘Podcasting is a low-cost method of transferring audio information.’
- ‘Much of the technological mindset behind podcasting has its origins in the world of blogging.’
- ‘The speed with which people are adopting podcasting compared to blogging is surprising.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.