One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the course of proving this I found myself, with a pocketful of speeding tickets, hammering round Lake Geneva in a Ferrari 612.’
- ‘And what of her wider dreams and aspirations or even her immediate thoughts as she slipped home with her sack of groceries and her pocketful of coins?’
- ‘Just turn up with pocketfuls of cash and be prepared to be entertained.’
- ‘In a pocketful of liberally illustrated pages, Natalie has herself already revealed more than enough.’
- ‘I desperately tried to hand out the pocketful of coupons as the frenzy grew and the kids ignored the pleas of their teachers to stop crushing me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.