One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of inadvertently calling someone on a mobile phone in one's pocket.‘pocket dialing is usually less of an issue with flip phones’
- ‘This phone is great at pocket dialling.’
- ‘The South Florida case isn't the only pocket-dialing incident in recent weeks.’
- ‘Victoria 911 officials say this is just one of many examples of cellphone pocket dialing and abandoned emergency calls.’
- ‘Pocket-dialing is a dangerous drain on emergency 911 systems.’
- ‘There are ways to avoid pocket dialing with any smartphone.’
- ‘Eventually, the "slide-to-unlock" tool was added to the phone to prevent pocket dialing and accidental screen inputs.’
- ‘If I set the screen to "unlocked" there is a lot of pocket dialing.’
- ‘There's also a lock now to prevent unwanted pocket dialing and a backlight behind the keyboard.’
- ‘There have been other reported incidents of secondary violations involving phones, but some of these were the result of pocket dialing.’
- ‘As for pocket dialing, I didn't turn on the security lock screen, so I haven't had a problem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.