One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung.
- ‘Only eight of the 24 patients with post-procedure pneumothorax received chest tubes to re-expand their lungs.’
- ‘Also known as pneumothorax, a collapsed lung is treated by reinflating the lung.’
- ‘The most common complications reported are infection and pneumothorax.’
- ‘A small spontaneous pneumothorax in the absence of lung disease will most likely resolve without intervention.’
- ‘Patients with spontaneous pneumothorax do not have clinically apparent lung disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.