Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the walls of the alveoli in the lungs, usually caused by a virus.
- ‘Emphysema has been recognized in rare cases of hypersensitivity pneumonitis in nonsmokers.’
- ‘Ammonia gas exposure is associated with a range of upper respiratory symptomatology, including severe cases of chemical pneumonitis and intense pulmonary inflammation.’
- ‘The administration of steroids and antibiotics was started under the diagnosis of acute interstitial pneumonitis, but the symptoms did not improve significantly.’
- ‘The authors conclude that the new antidepressant, venlafaxine, can cause both pneumonitis and heart failure.’
- ‘The day following a smallpox vaccination, a child of 1 year developed severe pneumonitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.