One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of a lung or part of a lung.
- ‘Lobectomy was performed in 34 cases and pneumonectomy in 10 cases.’
- ‘The first, pneumonectomy, is a full resection of the affected lung.’
- ‘He recovered well from his left pneumonectomy.’
- ‘A pneumonectomy was not performed in 1951 on King George IV.’
- ‘We routinely use a 4.8-mm stapling device to close the main bronchus after pneumonectomy.’
- ‘Within 30 days after surgery, 91 patients died, 43 of whom patients had undergone pneumonectomy.’
- ‘He was deemed fit for surgery and a left pneumonectomy was performed.’
- ‘The morbidity and mortality associated with donor pneumonectomy pose significant ethical considerations.’
- ‘The method might also be applied to answer the question whether compensatory lung growth after pneumonectomy occurs by formation of new alveoli or by enlargement of existing alveoli.’
- ‘Whatever the case may be, it is clear that surgical treatment for operable lung cancer has come a far way since its formidable beginning of pneumonectomy in 1933.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.