One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A parasitic protozoan that can cause fatal pneumonia in people affected with immunodeficiency disease.
- ‘Moreover, providing treatment to prevent vertical transmission of HIV could save the NHS money - for example, by preventing the need for emergency care of an unnecessarily HIV infected infant with pneumocystis pneumonia.’
- ‘She would also be encouraged to begin prophylaxis for pneumocystis carinii pneumonia with Bactrim.’
- ‘He is being treated for pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.’
- ‘I had lost a very close friend in 1982, one of the very first victims of [AIDS-related] pneumocystis.’
- ‘He confirms that the photographer was HIV-positive but noted that the pneumonia was not pneumocystis pneumonia, the type usually associated with HIV.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.