One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of strong thin wooden board consisting of two or more layers glued and pressed together with the direction of the grain alternating, and usually sold in sheets of four by eight feet.
- ‘Survivors are jammed together in windowless plywood barracks hurriedly built by the army.’
- ‘The post and timber fence is not constructed in plywood, it is softwood.’
- ‘Shanty towns made of tin, plywood and salvaged materials rise along the highway and stretch for miles.’
- ‘My new desk appeared, or part of it did, in the form of a cut sheet of eight by four high quality beech veneered plywood.’
- ‘I remember drawing the plan using a piece of finished plywood as my drafting table.’
- ‘Be sure there is no excess glue on the planks before placing the plywood on top.’
- ‘Brice paints on large plywood panels, predominantly in black and white house paint which he applies in a scrubbing motion.’
- ‘At this time I decided to use pine wood and some plywood: cheap materials and easy to work with using the tools I had.’
- ‘Plastic floor is ideal for paved surfaces and is much cheaper than plywood floors.’
- ‘The troops' base camp was a burned-out hotel, which had been patched up with plywood and corrugated iron.’
- ‘Apart from some weatherboards and plywood for the floor, all his building materials were recycled.’
- ‘The sides of the grave were all boarded up with sheets of plywood.’
- ‘All three projects can be easily and inexpensively made in a matter of hours from a few scrap sheets of plywood.’
- ‘A router is the best tool to use on long pieces, as long pieces of plywood can be hard to handle on a table saw.’
- ‘Constance walked over to the shattered window which was now covered with a sheet of plywood.’
- ‘Cut up some pieces of plywood ahead of time to use as holding forms, and clamp every thing down.’
- ‘Yesterday, the street remained closed and plywood boards were put up on barriers on all roads leading into the street.’
- ‘At last we dove into an old abandoned house, all the doors were locked and the windows boarded up with pieces of molding plywood.’
- ‘The bookcases are handsome things assembled from varnished plywood.’
- ‘The units are made of plywood with a maple veneer, and are attached to the wall studs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.